-
January 1st, 2010, 12:31 PM
#1
Inactive Member
computer help
ok, so I have a spyware, malware or some kind of issue. From some facebook application, I was infected witih Desktop Defender 2010... I've ran numerous spyware, virus, etc checks and it will not remove it. Desktop defender has been deleted, but the spyware/spam, just won't go away. It's posing as a Windows "Security Center", and I cannot find where to delte it, uninstall it, anything...
any help?
I've used Malwayre Bytes, Spyware Doctor, Avast, AntiSuperSpyware
-
January 1st, 2010, 01:07 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Re: computer help
Have you tried a system restore? Restore it to a day before you installed the application.
I know you can do this with Vista. I can't remember if you can do it with XP or not.
Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
-
January 1st, 2010, 01:44 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Re: computer help
It's cut off my windows security protection, and I went to do a restore and it said I hadn't ever created a restore point and this computer is 3 years old.
Wow.. this thing has screwed up my system....
it just keeps popping up that I have viruss, etc, but it's all fake security things
-
January 1st, 2010, 01:44 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Re: computer help
Usually whenever I have Spyware, I use a combination of Spybot S&D and AdAware (Free Version) to remove all traces of it. Both of those are pretty popular and are usually powerful enough to detect and remove just about anything that's giving you problems. Just make sure you download the latest updates before you do a scan!
-
January 1st, 2010, 01:49 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Re: computer help
Had same problem year or so ago I found program called HijackThis and with it and SpyBot got my computer fixed
-
January 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Re: computer help
Thanks guys. I'll try those when I get home. It operates fine in safe mode, but normal mode is shot
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks